Volume of Learning Onsite
Volume of learning requirements for RTOs
Confused by volume of learning requirements?
Join Sarah Jones as she breaks down the essentials of Volume of Learning Onsite with this introduction to what volume of learning is and how it is calculated.
This intermediate level session will cover purchasing guides and nominal hours, as well as the difference between supervised and unsupervised hours. Hours will be explored in the context of onsite and blended delivery modes.
Date: Tuesday 19 October 2021 - Please note that registrations close the day prior to the live event.
Time: 12.30pm AEDT (Sydney, Melbourne)
Duration: 1 hour
Investment: $55.00 inc GST.
10% discount! for VET PD Series subscribers - Use your Voucher Code when registering!
Introductory (new to the topic) - These sessions are aimed at practitioners that have a broad theoretical knowledge and practical experience of training and assessment. They operate independently and seek guidance when necessary.
This session is ideal for new VET teachers who have responsibility for RPL as part of the teaching responsibilities.
- Purchasing guides and nominal hours
- Volume of learning — defining the scope of learning
- Supervised vs unsupervised hours — the difference
- Volume of learning requirements
- Onsite learning hours — including onsite and blended delivery modes
At the end of this session, participants will have an understanding of:
- The relationship between purchasing guides and nominal hours
- How volume of learning is defined and the difference between supervised and unsupervised hours
- Volume of learning requirements for RTOs
- The relationship between volume of learning and different delivery modes
Sarah Jones has almost twenty years of experience within the VET sector. She has been heavily involved in WorldSkills for the past sixteen years and has most recently held the position of Skill Competition Manager for the International Graphic Design Technology skill, and is a current National Assessment Adviser. Sarah also runs her own business which focuses on learning and assessment development, quality assurance and online development of courses in VET and Higher Education.
A Statement of Attendance is issued on completion of live event activities.
Note the video recording of the live event will be available to all participants within 7 days after the event.
The following statements are received when the course is completed:
|VDC - Certificate of Attendance|