Micro-Credentials & Digital Badging
Potential use cases for micro-credentials & digital badges in your RTO
The Australian Vocational Education System has come to a crossroads after decades of changes and upheaval at a local and societal level. Now, at the start of a new decade, we start to look to the future of traditional AQF qualifications and also at the role of micro-learning and micro-credentials.
As the entire sector reshapes itself for the next wave of transition, there is a unique opportunity to establish the role of vocational education in the future by exploring the ways we are meeting the demands for assessing microlearning and issuing micro credentials both in vocational education and the workplace.
Date: Thursday 7 October 2021 - Please note that registrations close the day prior to the live event.
Time: 12.30pm AEDT (Sydney, Melbourne)
Duration: 1 hour
Investment: $55.00 inc GST.
10% discount! for VET PD Series subscribers - Use your Voucher Code when registering!
Introductory (new to the topic) - These sessions are aimed at practitioners that have a broad theoretical knowledge and practical experience of training and assessment. They operate independently and seek guidance when necessary.
This session is ideal for new VET teachers who have responsibility for RPL as part of the teaching responsibilities.
- What are Micro-Credentials & Digital Badges
- Best Practice use of micro-credentials and digital badging in VET
- Potential use cases for micro-credentials and digital badges in your RTO
At the end of this session, participants will have an understanding of:
- Develop an awareness and understanding of both micro-credentials and digital badges, their use and potential application in the VET sector
- Develop an awareness and understanding of some best practice examples of micro-credentials and digital badging in the VET sector
- Develop an awareness and understanding of the potential use cases for micro-credentials and digital badges in your RTO
Matthew has more than 10 years’ experience in the VET Sector, having worked as a former policy advisor to the Victorian Minister of Skills & Training, also as the National GM of Quality & Compliance for a large RTO, and as an RTO manager prior to establishing Audit Express. Matthew has had experience with applying for, and managing various state & federal VET funding contracts. Matthew is passionate about improving the overall quality of the Australian VET Sector.
A Statement of Attendance is issued on completion of live event activities.
Note the video recording of the live event will be available to all participants within 7 days after the event.
The following statements are received when the course is completed:
|VDC - Certificate of Attendance|