Managing the Training Environment
Be the master of the training environment
Changing a ‘tool’ into a valuable ‘asset’ for your training.
Whether you are training in a face-to-face workshop or via an online session, you need to be the master or mistress of the training environment. Quite often, sadly overlooking the training environment plays a pivotal role in setting the scene for what is to come, and how engaged your students might be. There are so many different things you can do to put yourself and your students at ease and activate the Prefrontal Thinking Cortex for the best learning outcome.
This webinar will not just look at what causes Anxiety and Stress in the Brain, but also how to minimize its negative effects on yourself and your students, so that the brain is eager and good learning can be achieved. Managing the Training Environment includes time issues, student behaviour, room and space (including online), nerves and technology, and the impact of stress on the brain and how to negate it. Again, as with all Brain Friendly Training, practical skills and ideas will be offered for you to experience for yourself to see how effective it truly is.. Start the whole process with the best learning environment you can create!
Book Early! This live event is limited to 30 places only!
Date: Wednesday 1 December 2021
Time: 10.30am AEDT (Sydney, Melbourne)
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Investment: $47.95 inc GST.
20% discount! for VET PD Series subscribers - Use your Voucher Code when registering!
What we'll cover
You will learn ABOUT and how to USE the following:
When it comes to Managing the Training environment there are five main areas we need to be aware of to minimise anxiety for ourselves and our students.
- Managing our own nerves and mindset as the trainer. You have done the preparation and you know your material. Now you need to deliver it in a way that honours your effort and not lose your focus.
- Managing our students’ Cortisol and Adrenaline levels to maximise learning. Simple and effective ideas that can be used to assist your students’ learning.
- Managing any physical or virtual environment we are asked to train in. Don’t be thrown off by less than ideal environments. You are in control.
- Managing the challenge of Time to work to our advantage, and to theirs. Maximise the time you are given. Have your students arrive on time and mentally ready to learn once there. Tips that get them back from breaks on time, every time, without you being the time policeman.
- Tricks and tips to Managing disruptive behaviours without losing your focus or energy.
and so much more…
Laurie Kelly has been opening up the “mysteries of the mind” to trainers and educators from all walks of life around the world for most of his working life. He is a specialist in Brain-Friendly Training and Delivery Skills that engage. This has been his passion for over 30 years and his passion is drawn from his wealth of experience, his love for his subject and his ability to rekindle enthusiasm and passion in even the most tired Educator.
Recognised as a National and International Educator of Educators, he communicates his teachings to everyone at all levels, from CEO’s to the people on the ground, whilst making it captivating, engaging, relevant and instantly transferable back into the workplace. Laurie is driven to improve the learning experience from a learner’s perspective by making trainers more effective and impactful via enhanced & engaging delivery skills.
Laurie speaks both nationally and internationally on current knowledge of how the learning brain works to maximize the impact of teaching, and to create an openness factor in our approach to change and new learning. His experience in improving trainers’ skills in engagement is vast – he is one of the most sought after presenters in his field.
A Statement of Attendance is available for issue on completion of the event's activities.
The recording of the live webinar will be available to participants for 30 days after the event.
The following statements are received when the course is completed:
|Brain Friendly Training Statement of Attendance|