The Next Step in Online Delivery – Collecting the Right Assessment Evidence
Understand different ways of collecting evidence online
Join Allison Miller for ‘The next step in online delivery – collecting the right assessment evidence’ where Allison will share how to collect the right assessment evidence for online students which not only addresses the requirements for Clauses 1.8 to 1.12—Conduct effective assessment of the Standards for RTOs 2015, but also addresses the reputational, financial and other regulatory reasons for doing so.
This session will cover:
- The importance of collecting the right evidence for online students, and the implications of not doing this
- The types of evidence which should be collected for different online assessment situations
- Considerations when collecting evidence from online students
- Ways of capturing, storing and accessing online evidence
- Strategies for authenticating online student evidence
Participants will walk away with a ‘Collecting Online Evidence Checklist’.
With so many providers moving toward online and blended delivery, this session is perfectly timed to help understand different ways of collecting evidence online.
Date: Monday 14 September 2020
Time: 1pm AEST (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane)
Duration: 1 hour
Investment: $45.00 inc GST.
Book by Monday 7 September 2020 using the discount code GROWTH to receive a 10% discount.
Discount! for VET PD Series subscribers - Use your Voucher Code when registering.
Skills Education Growth Week
Skills Education Growth Week is especially designed to help you connect, grow and strengthen. Over the week from 14-18 September 2020, eight experts in their field will focus on people, products and processes for RTOs and VET practitioners to grow their:
- Compliance skills
- Facilitation techniques
- Digital capabilities
Allison Miller has been a professional learning and business development leader for over 25 years. She is the Director and Lead Consultant of Digital Capability, an organisation which specialises in cutting edge online learning and online business solutions which help people succeed online. More recently, Allison also helps educational organisations ensure that their online training and assessment is effective and compliant.
Allison has a Master of Learning and Development (Organisational Development), Graduate Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Bachelor of Education (Secondary Business), Diploma of VET, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Diploma of Business, and Certificate III in Government.
She also leads the ePortfolios Australia professional network and the annual Australian Eportfolio Forum.
Allison’s previous roles include:
- Higher Qualification Pathways Business Manager for the National VET E-learning Strategy.
- Eportfolios Business Manager, South Australian Innovations Coordinator and the Inclusive e-Learning for Youth Project Manager for the Australian Flexible Learning Framework
- Principal Lecturer, Learning Development Coordinator, Business Development Coordinator and Business Services Facilitator for TAFE SA.
- Convenor of the national ePortfolios Australia Conference
Allison has a lot of online learning, online business and eportfolio experience and know-how, especially in the areas of:
- Online assessment and course design and development
- Facilitating disruptive change
Allison’s other experiences include being the:
- Lead author of formal reports, peer reviewed papers and magazine/journal articles
- Co-author of research reports, strategic documents, position papers and responses to discussion papers
- Project Manager of qualitative and action research projects
- Facilitator of staff development projects, workshops, seminars and action learning activities
- Mentor and coach in the area of online learning/online assessment/online business
- Developer of online/paper-based learning resources and content
- Reviewer and developer of training and assessment quality documentation and processes
- Writer of numerous online educational and online learning journals (blogs)
- Conveyor of national and state-based conferences and events
- Keynote, plenary and break-out speaker at various conference
- Facilitator and presenter of many workshops and presentations
- Chair of and representative on numerous local, national and international cross-sectoral reference groups
A Statement of Attendance is issued on completion of live event activities.
Note the video recording of the live event will be available to all participants for 30 days after the event.
The following statements are received when the course is completed:
|Skills Education Statement of Attendance|