Embed Learning – Ensure Retention
Fun ways to stretch minds & extend the consolidation of learning
Join Laurie Kelly form Brain Friendly Training in this webinar/workshop to explore the concept of Spaced Recall, and how you can assist your students to embed learning with a variety of fun revision activities and techniques. Learners won’t even know they are revising yet will still experience how effectively the Learning ‘sticks’ as a result. Embed knowledge fast and watch student confidence soar!
Build Confidence – Building in a lifetime Retention of Content with a 6-step approach. To be sure, demonstrating competency is vital during assessment, but building in lifetime retention of knowledge is a true gift. Demonstrating skills in an exam is fine, but actually using these skills confidently and accurately in the workplace is the goal of a dedicated trainer. By incorporating our simple six-step process in your training delivery, you can help your students to have lifetime mastery of any skills (because it's not what you are teaching, it's how you teach it !) You can also assist to embed that learning easily so that you are not constantly going back over previous content, again and again. There are various ways you can help this recall and retention, without your students even realising that's what you are doing. It absolutely works, and it's a lot of fun for you and them! In this webinar, expect to experience these methods for yourself and realise how much it improves your own memory recall.
Being able to subtly use simple and effective retention and recall exercises with your students will give you the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts in planning and research will not be wasted; students won’t fail to recall, and will intuitively use, the skills you have been teaching. Educators who fail to build retention and recall exercises into their delivery run the risk of their efforts and teaching being forgotten and lost in the massive amount of information students have to deal with each day. In this webinar I have highlighted all that you will need to help design effective information recall into your learning programs, using regularly spaced revision activities with your students throughout your sessions, and using a variety of tools that ensures student enjoyment through fun engagement. Join this webinar and get the skills to build their retention.
Date: Wednesday 26 October 2022
Time: 10.30am AEDT (Sydney, Melbourne)
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Investment: $59.99 inc GST.
10% discount! for VET PD Series subscribers - Use your Voucher Code when registering!
What participants' said previously when this topic ran
Exciting & practical tools to use straight away!
Practical tools & skills to practice and implement
High energy delivery was engaging & makes me want to attend the next session
I loved every minute of this webinar. Laurie Kelly is a wonderful presenter! He is down to earth and makes it very easy to understand the concepts presented. Not only that, he also makes it a lot of fun.
What a wonderful way to learn and pass on the joy of learning & understanding complicated subjects, to my students. Thank you very much Laurie. Great zoom webinar!!
I just want to again say what a wonderful Presenter Laurie Kelly is.
Thank you for a clearly delivered & insightful course
You will learn ABOUT and how to USE the following:
- Understanding the importance of ongoing, built-in Retention and Revision activities throughout your sessions so your efforts are not forgotten by the learners
- Learning a host of FUN, tried, tested and true activities designed to cement and recall information, easily and for the long term
- Renowned Educator, Tony Buzan, the inventor of the term Mind Maps, believes symbols and drawings can vastly improve retention. The good news is that your drawing skills don’t have to be brilliant to be effective
- The importance of music in learning to help with memory retention
- Effectively using both hemispheres of the learner’s brain with Clustering, Storyboarding, Brain Dumping and Mind Mapping to build retention
- How vital it is to record the success stories of your students to build their confidence (and that of other participants) so that your material is real and relevant
- Looking at how you currently review, recall, revise or revisit – and making it more effective
- Fun ways to stretch minds and extend the consolidation of learning
- Training delivery skills interwoven with engaging, brain targeted focus to build retention and confident implementation of the skills you have been teaching
Laurie Kelly has been opening up the “mysteries of the mind” to trainers and educators from all walks of life around the world for most of his working life. He is a specialist in Brain-Friendly Training and Delivery Skills that engage. This has been his passion for over 30 years and his passion is drawn from his wealth of experience, his love for his subject and his ability to rekindle enthusiasm and passion in even the most tired Educator.
Recognised as a National and International Educator of Educators, he communicates his teachings to everyone at all levels, from CEO’s to the people on the ground, whilst making it captivating, engaging, relevant and instantly transferable back into the workplace. Laurie is driven to improve the learning experience from a learner’s perspective by making trainers more effective and impactful via enhanced & engaging delivery skills.
Laurie speaks both nationally and internationally on current knowledge of how the learning brain works to maximize the impact of teaching, and to create an openness factor in our approach to change and new learning. His experience in improving trainers’ skills in engagement is vast – he is one of the most sought after presenters in his field.
A Statement of Attendance is available for issue on completion of the event's activities.
The recording of the live webinar will be available to participants for 30 days after the event.
VOCATIONAL TRAINING INCLUDING COMPETENCY-BASED TRAINING
- Facilitating Training
- Deliver and facilitate training sessions
- Support and monitor learning
- Supporting Learning
- Establish the learning-facilitation relationship
- Support and monitor learning
- Maintain and develop the learning-facilitation relationship
The following statements are received when the course is completed:
|Brain Friendly Training Statement of Attendance|