Your Assessment Questions Answered
Find out why 75% of RTOs struggle with assessment at audit time
As an Audience-Built Topic, the final part of the series on Designing and Developing Assessment Tools will draw on questions and examples supplied by the audience!
If you have an example you’d like feedback on, an example that prompts a query, an assessment design/development issue you’d like clarity on, or if you’d just like to see examples of ‘real life’ assessment practice, this is the session to be in.
This event is the last in the series on Designing and Developing Assessment Tools. Join Michelle Charlton as she shares some vital pointers that will augment your current knowledge linked to the unit of competency TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools. This is a unit held by every trainer who has, and works under, the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. It’s also a unit many people struggle with, and one that underpins why 75% of RTOs struggle with assessment at audit time.
It doesn’t matter if you are developing materials or buying them off the shelf, it is imperative to have a full understanding of TAEASS502 so that you can effectively contextualise and gap fill assessment tools as required!
Registrants will be invited to send in their queries for review. They will be collated and themed and the presentation for this session will be built on audience input.
To coordinate input for something like this there will be a few terms and conditions, so please ensure you read them listed here:
- One example/question per registrant
- For questions seeking feedback on tools, only those with supporting example material received by the cut-off date will be included for consideration
- Example material is to be brief, such as a copy of the specific question, assessment wording, instruction etc. together with the relevant unit information to which it relates
- Questions may be grouped into themes for answering
- Depending on the quantity of questions received, not all queries may be answered live during the session
- Questions must be related to the design and development of assessment or an aspect of TAEASS502
- Session content is not intended to take the place of consultant advice specific to your RTO’s overall assessment requirements
Email all queries and examples for review to: email@example.com before 15.10.20
Even if you don’t have a question to submit, come along to this session to see examples that can support your own assessment design and development skills.
Date: Thursday 22 October 2020
- 11am AEDT (NSW, VIC, TAS)
- 10am AEST (QLD)
- 9.30am ACST (SA, NT)
- 8am AWST (WA)
Duration: 1.5 hours
Investment: $77.00 inc GST.
Book at least 7 days prior using the discount code ANSWER to receive a 10% discount.
Discount! for VET PD Series subscribers - Use your Voucher Code when registering.
Michelle loves learning things, problem-solving and enjoys sharing what she knows with others.
As the Principal of her organisation, Michelle works with her team to provide specialised VET and RTO support services including:
- Writing and resource development
- Assessment review
- Assessment marking
- Assessment validation
- Professional Development information and activities
Michelle is an experienced presenter and facilitator, a qualified trainer and assessor, and has industry qualifications and experience in project management, leadership and management, training and education, and business operations. She holds tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Adult and Vocational Education, and Training and Development.
A Statement of Attendance is issued on completion of live event activities.
Note the video recording of the live event will be available to all participants for 30 days after the event.
The following statements are received when the course is completed:
|Skills Education Statement of Attendance|