Designing Online Quizzes for VET Students
How to write an effective online quiz question
Online quizzes provide a great way of chunking up and checking students’ learning in an online course as they provide instant feedback about whether the students are on the right track.
They can also be used for as a self-assessment tool prior to undertaking RPL - providing instant data to RPL assessors about whether an individual has the required skills, knowledge and evidence for an RPL assessment.
Designing online quizzes, however, can be among the hardest forms of online design to get right, or to be used in the right way.
Hear from experienced online quiz writer, Allison Miller, about:
- When the best time is to incorporate online quizzes into your online training course;
- What online quiz question works best in which situation; and
- How to write an effective online quiz question.
Participants will also gain access to a ‘Designing Online Quizzes Guide.’
Date: Thursday 3 September 2020
Time: 12.00pm AEST (Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane)
Duration: 1 hour
Investment: $55.00 inc GST.
Book at least 7 days prior using the discount code QUIZ to receive a 10% discount.
Discount! for VET PD Series subscribers - Use your Voucher Code when registering.
Allison Miller - Director & Lead Consultant, Digital Capability
Allison Miller has been a professional learning and business development leader for over 25 years. She is the Director and Lead Consultant of Digital Capability, an organisation which specialises in cutting edge online learning and online business solutions which help people succeed online. More recently, Allison also helps educational organisations ensure that their online training and assessment is effective and compliant.
Allison has a Master of Learning and Development (Organisational Development), Graduate Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Bachelor of Education (Secondary Business), Diploma of VET, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Diploma of Business, and Certificate III in Government.
She also leads the ePortfolios Australia professional network and the annual Australian Eportfolio Forum.
Allison’s previous roles include:
- Higher Qualification Pathways Business Manager for the National VET E-learning Strategy.
- Eportfolios Business Manager, South Australian Innovations Coordinator and the Inclusive e-Learning for Youth Project Manager for the Australian Flexible Learning Framework
- Principal Lecturer, Learning Development Coordinator, Business Development Coordinator and Business Services Facilitator for TAFE SA.
- Convenor of the national ePortfolios Australia Conference
Allison has a lot of online learning, online business and eportfolio experience and know-how, especially in the areas of:
- Online assessment and course design and development
- Facilitating disruptive change
Allison’s other experiences include being the:
- Lead author of formal reports, peer reviewed papers and magazine/journal articles
- Co-author of research reports, strategic documents, position papers and responses to discussion papers
- Project Manager of qualitative and action research projects
- Facilitator of staff development projects, workshops, seminars and action learning activities
- Mentor and coach in the area of online learning/online assessment/online business
- Developer of online/paper-based learning resources and content
- Reviewer and developer of training and assessment quality documentation and processes
- Writer of numerous online educational and online learning journals (blogs)
- Conveyor of national and state-based conferences and events
- Keynote, plenary and break-out speaker at various conference
- Facilitator and presenter of many workshops and presentations
- Chair of and representative on numerous local, national and international cross-sectoral reference groups
A Statement of Attendance is issued on completion of live event activities.
Note the video recording of the live event will be available to all participants for 30 days after the event.
The following statements are received when the course is completed:
|Skills Education Statement of Attendance|