Participate in assessment judgement validations live!
Take a detailed look at the process of validating assessment judgements with this digital short course + live event combo!
Join vetr Community Advisor Phill Bevan as we dive deep into assessment judgement validation requirements including tasks that were administered, applying the Principles of Assessment & Rules of Evidence, applying benchmark marking guidance, justifying judgements made & improvements to assessment practice.
Using live assessment judgement examples, we'll engage attendees in the validation of assessment judgements beyond the mere 'tick, it's compliant,' delving into the quality of assessments undertaken, key practice challenges, documenting validation findings and recommendations for rectification!
Course package details
This course package comprises:
Validation Essentials digital short course included as your 'pre-live event' course (60 mins)
Live webinar - Validating assessment judgement examples live! (2 hours)
Date: Thursday 25th July 2019
Time: 11.00am AEST
Duration: 2 hours
Investment: $39.60 inc GST.
75% discount! for VET PD Series subscribers.
Use your Discount Code to register!
As this webinar includes a live web solution demonstration, it is recommended that participants join the event on a large screen (computer / TV / projector) rather than handheld device.
What we'll cover
Validation Essentials digital short course
- Validation terms & definitions
- What is "statistically valid?"
- Systematic sampling approaches
- How to calculate sample sizes!
- Validation Policy - what to include
- Overview of validation planning - Tips & tricks!
- Validation practices - competency mapping, assessment tools & assessment judgements
- Common validation causing operational & audit angst
Validating Assessment Judgements - Live! webinar
- Checking context & conditions of assessment
- Reviewing tasks that were administered
- Applying the Principles of Assessment & Rules of Evidence
- Considering application of assessment decision-making rules & benchmarks
- Considering records completed
- Documenting validation findings
- Discussing improvements to assessment practice
- With volumes of tips & tricks along the way!
Our Community Advisor - Phill Bevan
A veteran education advisor, Phill offers a wealth of practical understanding, knowledge and expertise across key education provider operating requirements. As a qualified auditor, he has leveraged these skills in hundreds of internal reviews & regulator audits to support issue identification and robust business improvement projects.
Holding BSZ, TAA & TAE training package qualifications in addition to his Masters of Education with specialisation in competency based training, Phill has two decades of RTO operational experience with scores of providers including extensive national projects. A veteran assessment specialist, he is the author of vetr's Validation Practices Support Pack now in use with 300+ VET providers nationally & has personally undertaken Lead Validator roles for validation activities in all Australian States & Territories.
A Statement of Completion is issued on completion of the Validation Essentials digital short course.
A Statement of Attendance is issued on completion of live event activities.
- The recording of the live event will be available to all participants for 7 days after the event.
- A PDF version of event presentation material is provided on conclusion of the event.